Nakhon Si Thammarat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nakhon Si Thammarat

Welcome to the Nakhon forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  cheerscheers  

help me please!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
God
Admin
Admin
God

help me please!! Empty
PostSubject: help me please!!   help me please!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:05 am

need some help adding the forums address to URL!! anyone want to share with me how to do this?? how to get the forum near the top in google or yahoo search??

Cheers Scottish flag
Back to top Go down
https://nakhonsithammarat.rpg-board.net
Daren
Admin
Admin
Daren

help me please!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me please!!   help me please!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 11:10 am

Sadly, this is not likely to happen with the forum in it's current state.

We are enjoying the use a free subdomain form a free forum hosting company. If you really want to make this a profitable venture (not sure it's even possible in NST ATM), you'll have to purchase a domain and re-setup the forums with good meta data.

Then, you can go about doing link exchanges, submitting the forum to various directories and otherwise promoting the site.

Also, offering other content, besides inane forum chatter, like restaurant & hotel reviews, maps and the like in article format will vastly improve your rankings.

I know a decent system for all of this if you're interested. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
Snowstorm
Admin
Admin

help me please!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me please!!   help me please!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:13 pm

Will this be a site based on proffit like the sites that we are trying to leave??? Not enough capitalism out there for you GOD??? Need some spare change??? Need money... If you do just let "ADMINISTRATION" take over the collecting the post money...
Back to top Go down
God
Admin
Admin
God

help me please!! Empty
PostSubject: PROFIT !!   help me please!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:20 pm

Snowstorm wrote:
Will this be a site based on proffit like the sites that we are trying to leave??? Not enough capitalism out there for you GOD??? Need some spare change??? Need money... If you do just let "ADMINISTRATION" take over the collecting the post money...

No, this isn't a site based on profit Snowstorm. All i wanted to do is try and raise the interest of the forum to a wider scale, there must be tourist out there wanting a bit of free friendly advice from us knowledgeable people :cheer: :cheer:
Back to top Go down
Daren
Admin
Admin
Daren

help me please!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me please!!   help me please!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:07 pm

hey.. don't you already have a web host?? Where is your thaicateringstaff.com domain hosted? How do you pay there? How much bandwidth, storage, etc.?

Most web hosts are more than happy to sell you another domain name which you can link to your current hosting plan for free. It will probably cost $9.95/year for a new domain name.

Many hosts even have a nifty tool called Fastastico, which allows users to automatically install forums and various other neat software. It will be in your control panel somewheres.
Back to top Go down
Snowstorm
Admin
Admin

help me please!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me please!!   help me please!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 6:31 pm

Globalizing NST, Jippi... Dont want any more foreigners here... Too many already...
Back to top Go down
VTR1000
Admin
Admin
VTR1000

help me please!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me please!!   help me please!! EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 9:49 am

Agreed

Gotta agree with Snowstorm. God, if you like tourists so much, move to Phuket or somewhere similair. Part of this places charm is it's distance from the well trodden tourist path. Let's keep it that way.

Shame
Back to top Go down
God
Admin
Admin
God

help me please!! Empty
PostSubject: WTF!!   help me please!! EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 4:54 pm

I am not sure if you and Snowstorm can read?? serious question!! I wasn't trying to do anything but get more interest in the Forum Mooner more people on the forum the better :sok:
Back to top Go down
sausage sandwich
ballsack
ballsack
sausage sandwich

help me please!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me please!!   help me please!! EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 7:45 pm

WARNING: This article may induce sleep. Do not read while operating heavy machinery.

Please excuse if this gets too geeky.......

You can try adding loads of keywords and a nice long description in the meta tag info, this is what the search engines pick up. Try not to over do the keywords or have too much duplication as this has a negative effect.

Yahoo, google, and other popular search engines usually have a section where you can submit your site to be included in the search results.
This is the url for the google one:
http://www.google.com/intl/en/submit_content.html

This is the yahoo one:
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/info/submit

Or you can take a look here: http://freewebsubmission.com/

lots of sites offer a "free" submit to all service as long as you sign up for there bulk mail (which you can unsubscribe at any time afterwards).

I used the google and yahoo ones plus one of the free ones and my site got quite a lot of hits and has been at the top of google for a while (although it does depend what search words you use).
The search engines also take into account when the pages were posted (older pages are lower in the rankings). So, after you submit and you see the site in the search engines, regularly make a minor change to the code and repost it on the net (add an extra line or space somewhere in the header, save it, and post it).

Another way is to "advertise" it by including the hyperlink to it in listings on other forums.
The bolt-on guestbook I used on my site is wide open to that sort of abuse (not any more with my site though!), but loads of people are using the same free bolt-on and have not made the same changes as I did, so you can submit anything to em and they are instantly posted.
Just do a google search for "vhfwzic288@mail.ru" and you'll find stacks....... (my site included! damn, and I thought he liked my site too).......... fill your boots!
There are loads of well established forums on the net that do not screen posts before showing them on the net (mine was the same at first).
If you put the url to NST 1 forum on them then the search engines may well pick em up and follow them, resulting in a listing in the search results.

I suggest each registered user should post the url on at least 5 guestbooks/forums or face......... the knights who say 'Ni!'.
I'll start the ball rolling as it were.

Do I win a prize for the longest answer or most boring waffle ever posted? Coffee
Back to top Go down
http://simon.sitamoxon.com
VTR1000
Admin
Admin
VTR1000

help me please!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me please!!   help me please!! EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 12:46 pm

God wrote:
I am not sure if you and Snowstorm can read?? serious question!! I wasn't trying to do anything but get more interest in the Forum Mooner more people on the forum the better :sok:

I can read fine - when I got my glasses on! :study:

Sh...., here come them tourists - I'm outta here.

:attack:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

help me please!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me please!!   help me please!! Empty

Back to top Go down

help me please!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nakhon Si Thammarat :: all of it :: computers-
Jump to: