Nakhon Si Thammarat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nakhon Si Thammarat

Welcome to the Nakhon forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  cheerscheers  

Airlines!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
God
Admin
Admin
God

Airlines!! Empty
PostSubject: Airlines!!   Airlines!! EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 12:20 pm

Serious question here!!!!!!!!

Have you ever been charged for excess baggage?? what a joke, as we were checking in and the daft tart behind the counter said we were 3 kg over weight !! 12 quid a kg = 36 quid = 2400 baht !! what the FECK I thought... we were traveling with a baby and gone slightly over our weight!! no big problem...
No she wouldn't give in, so had to pay it. As i turned around i must have seen the worlds fattest couple checking in as well !! they must have weighed at least 350 kg between them.
Well i thought myself, wife and baby weigh the same as the woman!! Shouldn't airlines charge passengers on how much they weigh???
Do you agree with me here?? Or should i just shut the FECK up??
Back to top Go down
https://nakhonsithammarat.rpg-board.net
Snowstorm
Admin
Admin

Airlines!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airlines!!   Airlines!! EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 12:37 pm

I agree with you sir, but everytime that you come to a woman like that it all comes down to how you talk to her... No offence but maybe you should work on your peopl skills...

I always carry to much with me, but a friendly smile and some flirting will do the trick... If they want you to pay just tell them that you do not have the money... They will always settle on something...

Yelling, screaming, arguing will never help you...

If she will not bow down, take your ticket and check in at another counter...
Back to top Go down
Snowstorm
Admin
Admin

Airlines!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airlines!!   Airlines!! EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 12:39 pm

PS, they can not charge for how much a person weighs... They have to charge pr. seat and then if they are to big for one seat, well they have to get two seats...

Fat people has larger clothes so they have to carry more weight around.. .
Back to top Go down
doomstain
arse bandit
arse bandit
doomstain

Airlines!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airlines!!   Airlines!! EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 12:42 pm

The cheaper airlines usually charge you for excess baggage (no more than 20kgs..please!)
The more expensive ones usually give you 30kg...
Still..a pain in the arse if it's a long trip or you have to take prezzies for your friends and folks.
I found that if you were just a kilo or less overweight they were lenient...but if it was more than that you had to pay..or put the extra in your cabin luggage...
If you're superfat...you should have to pay for 2 seats...simple as that. :steps:
Back to top Go down
VTR1000
Admin
Admin
VTR1000

Airlines!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airlines!!   Airlines!! EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 12:48 pm

Fly first class - problems sorted!

:king:
Back to top Go down
God
Admin
Admin
God

Airlines!! Empty
PostSubject: airlines   Airlines!! EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 12:52 pm

I tried the sweet talking, showing the baby and that didn't work :notworthy: so i thought if i got angry and kicked up Sh.... that would work, but no!! I did email Emirates a complaint and they doubled the air miles for my trip :bonka:

Last edited by God on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snowstorm
Admin
Admin

Airlines!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airlines!!   Airlines!! EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 12:55 pm

You did not email them and they upgraded your points,,, thats nice of them...
Back to top Go down
God
Admin
Admin
God

Airlines!! Empty
PostSubject: airlines   Airlines!! EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 1:01 pm

VTR1000 wrote:
Fly first class - problems sorted!

:king:

VTR1000,

That was first class with Emirates, shoddy treatment !! I have now started using the suites on Singapore airlines !! much more comfort Money
Back to top Go down
Snowstorm
Admin
Admin

Airlines!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airlines!!   Airlines!! EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 1:09 pm

Underpaid Teachers have to travel with emirates VTR... Not fancy stuff like you...
Back to top Go down
sausage sandwich
ballsack
ballsack
sausage sandwich

Airlines!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airlines!!   Airlines!! EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:21 pm

Never had a problem with long haul flights and have always been over the limit.
When holidaying out here I would pack my scuba kit and find about 95% of my baggage allowance was taken already....... thats before the speedo's and supply of Galaxy choc went in.

I used to stash most of the heavy things in my rucksack and take it as carry-on (trying not to show is breaking my back at check-in)

Always found they turned a blind eye to being even 8kg over the limit, probably cos it was all in 1 case. My theory is that carriage charges by air work off the greater of volumetric weight or actual weight, so I guess they treat 1 heavy bag as being lighter than 3 light bags.
Had I tried to check in a few bags and gone over the limit, I'm sure they'd want some of my very very hard earned cash....... my problems then start when I check in on the domestic part of the trip from bkk....... then they want blood!

I have had the same thoughts on taking body weight into account. At the end of the day, the more weight on-board (people or baggage), the more fuel needed, so more expensive the flight. so, us skinny buggers should be cut some slack on the tight fisted baggage allowance.

The alternative is to say that you are carrying sports equipment and they sometimes give you an extra 5kg..... but they may ask you to show a qualification card or similar at check in. I never bothered trying that out cos I knew the buggers at Nok and Air Asia would still want their pound of flesh.......... and hey, if the check in piece is up to scratch,...... make up your own punch line.
Back to top Go down
http://simon.sitamoxon.com
Snowstorm
Admin
Admin

Airlines!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airlines!!   Airlines!! EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 6:24 pm

Just put it all in a golf bag and they will never charge you in Thailand...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Airlines!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airlines!!   Airlines!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Airlines!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nakhon Si Thammarat :: all of it :: anything in here-
Jump to: